CFD Statement on Data Use and Confidentiality
All evaluation data collected by the Centre for Faculty Development (CFD) remain confidential. Active measures are taken to ensure this as outlined below.
- No one is granted access to raw data except for the Program Coordinator and the core CFD Evaluation Team members.
- Personal identifying information including names, and e-mail addresses is excluded prior to data analysis.
- Identifying information is never linked with participants’ feedback in reports. All evaluation reports include only aggregated data.
- No information that discloses participants’ identity will ever be released or published, without their consent.
The evaluation data we collect is used for quality improvement and evaluative research in accordance with the following guidelines.
- Data are only used in aggregate in reports and studies that inform ongoing program improvement and allow for better understanding about how our educational programs work.
- Data are anonymized and identified by participant numbers only.
- Evaluation survey data are linked with demographic participant information from our CFD databases. This allows us to explore questions about how our programs are meeting the needs of diverse groups. As our administrative and IT capabilities improve, the collection of such data on survey forms will not be necessary.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like further information about this statement, please contact Hollie Mullins, Education Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org