CFD Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility Statement
Living Document, Updated February 17, 2021
The Centre for Faculty Development (CFD) is committed to creating a safe(r), brave, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all. The fulfillment of our Centre’s mission depends upon an environment of acceptance and mutual respect. Everyone should be able to work, teach, and learn at the CFD free from discrimination and harassment.
We recognize that we need to continue to refine and develop policies and practices that support us realizing all aspects of this commitment as a Centre. We are dedicated to:
- Increasing diversity in our staff and committee membership through improved recruitment practices;
- Prompting our participants, staff and faculty to critically reflect on individual biases, assumptions and behaviours;
- Interrogating organizational practices and policies;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and action related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Creating safety and space for dialogue;
- Building and improving relationships with Indigenous communities to better understand our obligations and responsibilities to reconciliation, and to ensure Indigenous voices are involved in curriculum and policy development;
- Advocating for anti-colonial, anti-racist practices in education and healthcare;
- Incorporating the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in the design and delivery of programming, resources, and physical and online spaces;
- Removing barriers to support our health professions community in fulfilling their academic goals.
We ask for your shared commitment and support, recognizing that these important changes require time and resources to fully implement, and an examination of our own entrenched assumptions. We deeply value your input as our community as we embark on this journey of change and progress together. This is a living document as we continue to learn. If you have any concerns or wish to offer suggestions on how our programs, practices and policies can better align with the above commitments, please contact our CFD Director, Dr. Latika Nirula.